Land is contaminated when there are polluting substances in, on or under the land. This may mean that the substances have been left in buildings or on land or that the substances are buried in the ground. Every local authority has a duty under Part 2A of...
Our specialist lawyers have extensive experience of successfully defending dentists, dental technicians and clinical dental technicians in proceedings before the General Dental Council. We regularly deal with a wide range of cases, including registration issues, clinical issues, allegations of serious misconduct, health issues and scope of practice matters.
If you are facing disciplinary proceedings before the GDC, it is vital that you seek specialist assistance without delay in order to protect your interests and safeguard your practise. Our specialist lawyers are recommended in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for professional discipline work. We understand the needs and anxieties of clients facing a possible restriction of their practise or in some cases the potential loss of livelihood. We take a pro-active approach to defending cases we pride ourselves on achieving the best possible outcomes for clients.
Our lawyers have experience of assisting dental professionals with the following matters:
- Advising dentists in relation to NHSE investigations, including Practitioner Performance Advice (PPA) referrals, Performance Assessment Group (PAG) meetings and Performers List Decision Panel (PLDP) hearings
- Criminal investigations in relation to suspected illegal practice
- Advising dentists and dental care professionals with professional registration issues
- Providing specialist advice during initial referral and investigation
- Preparation of written responses to the Case Examiners
- Representation at Interim Orders hearings
- Representation at Professional Conduct Committee hearings
- Representation at review hearings
- Advice on appeal against decisions
Specialist legal advice
It is important that you seek specialist advice before responding to correspondence from the GDC. Any response which is made should be carefully considered in order to protect your interests and to avoid prejudicing your case. For a confidential discussion regarding your case, contact one of our specialist GDC lawyers on 0161 696 6250. Alternatively please complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will contact you as a matter of urgency.