In the recent landmark Court of Protection case of AB (termination of pregnancy), Re  EWCA Civ 1215, the Court of Appeal had to decide whether it would be in the best interests of AB, a learning disabled woman, to provide the consent necessary in...
Our specialist community care solicitors are spread across our offices in the North West and London. The focus of community care law is on the welfare of children in need and wellbeing of vulnerable adults and their carers to ensure that their needs are properly assessed and supported.
Community care law is complex and wide ranging and often involves sensitive issues. It is important that specialist legal advice is sought. The most common types of cases that we deal with are:
- Social services or a healthcare provider failing or refusing to undertake an assessment of needs
- Challenges to an unlawful assessment of needs, leaving an individual without adequate care and support
- Disputes about the type of care or services that a person requires
- Challenges to the amount of care provision decided
- Disputes in relation to direct payments (a common way of funding a care package)
- Looked after children and leaving care duties
- Transition from children to adult services
- Disputes in relation to financial assessments and charges for care
- Disputes in relation to NHS continuing healthcare funding
If you would like to speak to a member of the team for advice and assistance call us on 0175 321 5096 or complete our online enquiry form and we will contact you directly.