Stats revealed by the BBC recently suggest that fewer than 1 in 10 patients in North West hospitals who are medically fit for discharge are actually able to leave due to a lack of beds in other settings. Research found that the North West was the worst...
Our specialist community care solicitors take on work nationwide. The focus of community care law is on the welfare of children in need and wellbeing of vulnerable adults and their carers to ensure that their needs are properly assessed and supported.
Community care law is complex and wide ranging and often involves sensitive issues. It is important that specialist legal advice is sought. The most common types of cases that we deal with are:
- Social services or a healthcare provider failing or refusing to undertake an assessment of needs
- Challenges to an unlawful assessment of needs, leaving an individual without adequate care and support
- Disputes about the type of care or services that a person requires
- Challenges to the amount of care provision decided
- Disputes in relation to direct payments (a common way of funding a care package)
- Looked after children and leaving care duties
- Transition from children to adult services
- Disputes in relation to financial assessments and charges for care
- Disputes in relation to NHS continuing healthcare funding
If you would like to speak to a member of the team for advice and assistance call us on 01616 966 229 or complete our online enquiry form and we will contact you directly.