The Care Quality Commission (‘CQC’) has recently published a new report, ‘driving improvement’, which considers the experiences of care providers who have been rated as ‘inadequate’ or ‘requires improvement’....
Stephensons has a team of specialist regulatory lawyers who act for businesses and professional clients across a number of sectors including health and social care, financial services, transport and logistics, education, sports and legal services.
We act for clients across the UK and internationally and a number of our lawyers are recommended as leaders in their fields in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. With around 20 staff, we are one of the largest specialist regulatory teams in the North.
Areas of practice
Our regulatory team has a broad range of expertise and our lawyers regularly deal with the following areas:
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulation and compliance
- Customs and excise
- Data privacy law
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) investigations
- Environmental law
- Food industry regulation
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) investigations and enforcement
- Firearms licensing
- Gangmaster Licensing Authority
- Health and safety investigations
- Ofsted regulation and compliance
- Professional discipline and regulation
- Road transport regulation and operator licensing
- Road traffic offences
- Sports law
- Trading standards investigations and prosecutions