The road transport sector has become increasingly involved in waste management, whether it be as carriers of waste materials and/or as those engaged in recycling and disposal operations. However, there have been a number of changes to environmental...
Stephensons has a team of specialist regulatory lawyers who act for businesses and professional clients across a number of sectors including health and social care, financial services, transport and logistics, education, sports and legal services.
We act for clients across the UK and internationally and a number of our lawyers are recommended as leaders in their fields in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. With around 20 staff, we are one of the largest specialist regulatory teams in the North.
Areas of practice
Our regulatory team has a broad range of expertise and our lawyers regularly deal with the following areas:
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulation and compliance
- Data privacy law
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) investigations
- Environmental law
- Food safety and hygiene
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) investigations and enforcement
- Firearms licensing
- Gangmaster Licensing Authority
- Health and safety investigations
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Office of Students
- Ofsted regulation and compliance
- Professional discipline and regulation
- Road transport regulation and operator licensing
- Road traffic offences
- Seizures by Border Force and HMRC
- Sports law
- Trading standards investigations and prosecutions