The Manchester Evening News has recently reported details of a case in which an ex-teacher has been acquitted of allegations of a sexual nature. For many, acquittal at a criminal trial is seen as the end of a stressful ordeal and an opportunity to move...
Stephensons are nationally recognised as one of the leading firms of solicitors in bringing civil actions against the police and public authorities. We have a history of bringing successful actions against bodies across the country, with offices in the North West of England and London.
We offer competitive private funding rates and routinely act for clients who pay privately. We are proud of the service we offer to our clients. We are also a practice that has the benefit of a legal aid franchise and as such, are able to act for the most vulnerable clients, free of charge. On occasions, we may act for you under a no win, no fee agreement. Speak to our specialist actions against the police and public authorities team on 0175 321 5096.
We have dedicated teams who can assist you with:
- Compensation claim against the police and/or Crown Prosecution Service
- Compensation claim against the prison service, MOJ and/or parole board
- Compensation claim against local authorities
- Compensation claim against HM Courts and Tribunal Services
- Judicial review applications
- Complaints against the police via the Professional Standards Department and Independent Office for Police Conduct
- Compensation claims for a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Human rights claims
- Prison and public law
- Criminal record disclosure and barring
- Applications for de-registration
Our solicitors are members of the Police Action Lawyers Group (PALG), who are a national organisation for claimant based solicitors who pursue these claims. Our solicitors are also members of INQUEST Lawyers Group and Association of Prison Lawyers.