Please carefully read the following terms ("these Terms") in relation to use of Stephensons Solicitors LLP website ("Site"). By using the Site, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
1. About us
The Site is provided by Stephensons Solicitors LLP ("Stephensons"), a partnership, whose main office is situated at 24 Lord Street, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 1AB.
All communications regarding this Site, should be addressed to the above address.
3. Use of the site
The content of the Site is for general guidance only and should not therefore be regarded as constituting legal or other advice or an offer to provide legal services and should not be relied on as such. Content relating to the law and legal developments featured on this Site are based upon the laws of England and Wales unless otherwise expressly stated. If you need legal advice on a specific matter please contact us.
Stephensons Solicitors LLP makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about:-
A: any of the content of this Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
B: any content of any other web site referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this Site ("3rd party site").
Stephensons Solicitors LLP does not endorse or approve the content of any 3rd party site, nor will Stephensons Solicitors LLP have any liability in connection with any of them (including, but not limited to, liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any 3rd party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
The content and design of these pages are subject to copyright owned by Stephensons Solicitors LLP, 2003 - 2004 ©. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited, unless for non-commercial private use. None of the contents of this Site may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other web site, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or otherwise). For the avoidance of doubt; deep-linking to, or framing of this Site or any part of it is not permitted without express permission.
You may not create a link to this site from another website or document without Stephensons Solicitors LLP prior written consent.
You may not adapt, alter, modify, rent, lease, sell, distribute or create derivative works of any content on the Site at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. We may terminate your use of the Site with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms.
Stephensons Solicitors LLP are Solicitors of England and Wales and are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) for full SRA details please click here. A list of names of the Partners of Stephensons is available for inspection at the above office address.
4. Limitation of liability
Stephensons Solicitors LLP does not accept any liability for loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of the Site or any information, content, advertising or products provided or distributed through the Site. Stephensons Solicitors LLP do not exclude Stephensons Solicitors LLP liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from Stephensons Solicitors LLP negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal to exclude or to attempt to exclude.
5. Governing law
These Terms and the relationship between you and Stephensons Solicitors LLP shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
6. Live chat functionality
Use of and access to this service does not of itself create a solicitor/client relationship between you and Stephensons and where such an arrangement does exist it is governed by separate off-line terms of engagement.
If you require advice on a specific legal problem, please complete an online enquiry form or a call-back request on our website. The content of this service is for general information only and should not be regarded as an exhaustive analysis of the law. It is provided to the public free of charge, does not constitute legal advice and must not be relied upon as such to make any decisions. For that reason users should seek specific legal advice about any matter which concerns them.
7. Refer a friend
Terms & Conditions apply
- Refer a friend offers only available to existing clients
- Cannot be rewarded on criminal, clinical negligence or personal injury cases
- Cannot be rewarded for any fixed fee under £100 for commercial and dispute resolution
- Cannot be rewarded for any fixed fee under £200 for family matters
- A £10 reward for £200 Family advice appointment
8. Constant Membership
- The telephone number is an 033 number and calls will be charge at a local rate
- The helpline cannot consider or comment on documents or receive information in any format other than by telephone
- The maximum number of calls from any member during a calendar year may be limited
- Maximum length of any call is limited to 45 minutes
- No retainer or contract is formed between Stephensons and the member
- Help may be limited to signposting and referring the member to other appropriate agencies
- In the event of conflict or potential conflict arising between members, between members and the distributor of the membership, or between any of these groups and Stephensons, then Stephensons will notify the member accordingly and will give no further help
- The hours of the helpline are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However Stephensons reserve the right to amend the availability of the helpline with immediate effect without reason
- The helpline only deals with matters covered by the law as it relates to private individuals. It does not cover business/commercial tax enquiries, foreign law or matters with no legal content (however these may be referred on to other reputable sources of assistance where appropriate)
- Members consent to their calls being recorded and their personal data retained
- Members consent to being contacted further by Stephensons in any medium including telephone and email
- Some calls may result in information packs being dispatched to members
- The helpline will not enter into correspondence on behalf of members or contact any third parties
- The purpose of the helpline is to provide initial help on general legal matters to members which may include signposting to appropriate sources of information, other agencies or the provision of information packs. It may also include referral to the appropriate specialist department within Stephensons to assist with the matter under Stephensons’ normal funding arrangements
- The helpline and membership does not include the funding of legal cases but the helpline may be able to assist the member in identifying the appropriate method of funding their legal costs
- The purpose of the helpline is to provide immediate practical help and assistance and it does not cover pursuing defending or in any other way becoming involved in the member’s legal or other affairs
- Stephensons may refuse to accept any persons or organisations into the enrolment of Constant without reason and may terminate memberships with immediate effect without reason. Constant may also be terminated as a scheme with immediate effect without reason