News and Events
Adam Quick

Does the general election result spell the end of the Human Rights Act 1998?

  • Posted

On Wednesday 7th June 2017, a day before the election, Theresa May announced her intention to “rip up human rights laws”. It was largely announced in line with the fight against terrorism, although repealing the Human Rights Act 1998 has long...

Police misconduct - are the police really becoming more transparent?

  • Posted

On 12 th March 2015, Theresa May announced proposed radical changes to the policing system, through the introduction of The Police (Conduct) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (2015 amendments). The focus of the proposals suggested that more transparency and...