• 01616 966 229
  • Request a callback
Stephensons Solicitors LLP Banner Image

News and Events

Who is classed as a vulnerable road user?

  • Posted
Family safety week: 1st-7th April 2019

The Highway Code states that the road users most at risk of road traffic accidents are pedestrians, and in particular children, elderly adults, disabled people, cyclists, horse riders and motorcyclists. This is because they do not have the protection that a car, with seatbelts and airbags, provide a driver or a passenger inside a vehicle.

If you have been injured by a vehicle whilst out walking or cycling, either on the pavement or crossing the road, we can help you claim compensation for the injuries you have suffered and associated losses. If you are involved in an accident, you are likely to be in shock and unsure what to do so take a look at our brief guide below:

What should you do if you are involved in an accident?

  • Move yourself out of danger, if it is safe to do so and your injuries allow you to move
  • Obtain the details of the driver of the vehicle that hit you, along with their vehicle registration number and insurance details. If you think you may have been hit by an uninsured driver report it to the police as soon as possible
  • Take photographs of the vehicles involved, as well as any damage to your own bicycle/vehicle and any damaged items
  • Check for any witnesses and take their details
  • Seek medical attention, either from your GP or at an A&E department or walk-in centre
  • Keep a record of your injuries and how you are feeling. Take photographs of any bruising, wounds or scarring.
  • Contact a solicitor

Here at Stephensons have helped hundreds of clients secure compensation when they were injured and our specially trained staff can take the details of your claim and advise you further. If you have been injured as a result of an accident you can call our experienced personal injury team on 0161 696 6235.

By Donna Wilkes, new business advisor