• 01616 966 229
  • Request a callback
Stephensons Solicitors LLP Banner Image

News and Events
Nicola Horrocks

Dealing with arrangements for your children at Christmas

  • Posted

The law does not contain any specific provision for Christmas arrangements. The court would recommend that separated parents try to reach an agreement between themselves about who a child should spend Christmas with. The court system should only be used as...

When can social services remove a child from the care of their parents?

  • Posted

Social services, also known as the local authority, will usually only take a child away from their parents if they believe that the child is at risk of significant harm suffering harm or neglect in their current circumstances. They are obliged to...

What is a section 7 report?

  • Posted

A report under Section 7 of the Children Act 1989 is directed by the court when an application has been made under Section 8 of the Children Act 1989 and there are either welfare concerns for a child or the parents cannot agree matters in respect of their...