Amy is a trainee solicitor in the regulatory department and specialises in regulatory defence, criminal justice and professional discipline.
Amy commenced her career at Stephensons in June 2011 whilst studying her law degree at Edge Hill University. Amy successfully completed three summer student placements at Stephensons whilst completing her studies working in both the general crime and civil liberties departments. Amy graduated with an Upper Second Class honours degree in 2014 and joined the regulatory department shortly after in May 2014 as a graduate paralegal.
Whilst in this role, Amy studied her Legal Practice Course part-time at Manchester Metropolitan University which she completed in June 2016, achieving a distinction. Amy was subsequently offered a training contract at Stephensons which began in September 2017.
Amy assists the partners and solicitors within the regulatory department specialising in numerous areas involving business crime, fraud and financial crime, drug conspiracies, road transport, road traffic and criminal offences. In addition, Amy assists with providing advice and representation to providers in matters concerning the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted), particularly in relation to enforcement action and appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (Care Standards Chamber).
Amy also assists professional clients facing proceedings before their professional regulators in fitness to practise and registration proceedings. Amy assists professional clients with cases brought by a range of regulatory bodies, including:
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC)
- General Dental Council (GDC)
- National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
In addition, Amy also assists professionals who are facing barring by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Amy is Westlaw certified having completed both her basic and advanced legal research training.