New rules relating to Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) came into effect in England on 1 October 2018 without much fanfare and under the radar of many landlords. As a result of the new rules properties that did not require licencing previously may...
Our commercial solicitors can advise both companies and individuals regarding the correct usage of data under The Data Protection Act and Privacy Regulations.
Businesses can face being fined for incorrect data usage, a maximum penalty applies at the Magistrates Court and unlimited fines may be given at the Crown Court. In addition to this, flouting Data Protection rules can lead to negative public perception and damage to a company’s brand image. We can help businesses avoid these pitfalls by providing advice on:
- Drafting data protection policies
- Advising on privacy regulation
- Drafting website privacy policies
- Storage of personal data
- Usage and disclosure of data
- Data protection rules in relation to direct marketing ( including fax, phone e-mail and postal)
- Notification regarding misuse of data