Bonfire night is upon us. I know that my family and I will have a great time over this period and as long as everyone stays safe then I am happy!
Please remember the Firework Code suggested by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents:
- Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable, and ensure it finishes before 11pm
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114, keep them in a closed box and use them one at a time
- Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary
- Light the firework at arm's length with a taper and stand well back
- Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
- Never return to a firework once it has been lit
- Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them
- Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire
- Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
Have fun out there!