Bethany is a solicitor in the family law team.
Bethany joined the firm in September 2014 as a graduate paralegal in the family department, primarily dealing with protecting those at risk of domestic abuse and advising parents with regards to arrangements for their children. She remained in this role until she secured a training contact which she started in September 2017.
Bethany remained in the Wigan family team for the first seat of her training contract between September 2017 and March 2018, primarily dealing with care proceedings and assisting parents whose children were subject to social services involvement.
Her second seat was in the Wills and probate department between March 2018 and September 2018 under the supervision of Adam Sym and Jill Rushton, where she gained experience in:
- Drafting of Wills
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Deeds of gift
- Trust deeds
- Probate/estate administration
- Inheritance tax planning
Bethany re-joined the family department in September 2018, to commence the third and fourth seats of her training contact under the supervision of Amanda Rimmer and Victoria Gethin where she specialised in the following;
- Disputes between parents in respect of arrangements for their children, recommending the most appropriate way forward which may include representation in obtaining child arrangement orders
- Advising and assisting parents whose children are subject to social services involvement – including pre-proceedings and care proceedings
- Protecting victims of domestic abuse, seeking urgent protective orders where appropriate
Bethany qualified as a solicitor in the family department in 2019.
What our clients say
“She was extremely helpful, and clearly had an excellent rapport with the client” – feedback from counsel when assisting on a case as a graduate paralegal
“Adam & Bethany took us at our pace through LPA & the house trust process, they were helpful and kept us up to date at all stages I would not hesitate on recommending them.” – Trustpilot review from a probate client