South Australian father of three, Matthew Werfel, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2017 after finding a lump in his groin. Mr Werfel worked as a fencing contractor as a teenager and was found to have been exposed to asbestos dust during that role. He was...
Stephensons’ personal injury specialists recently settled a case for a client who had sustained injury due to tripping over a pothole in a supermarket car park.
Our client had been out with friends when she decided to carry out some shopping in the nearby supermarket. On leaving the store and walking across the car park, her right foot became lodged in a pothole causing her ankle to twist and consequently causing her to stumble. On attending the hospital, she was diagnosed with suffering from an undisplaced fracture of her right ankle and was required to wear a ‘moon boot’ for a period of 8 weeks. She also underwent 4 sessions of physiotherapy.
After Stephensons proceeded with the case against the supermarket, the case was settled and Ms Brady received £4,500 in compensation.