Main purpose of the job:
To support and assist fee earners in carrying out duties and, where appropriate, to deal with clients and their affairs in a cost effective manner.
Main key result areas
- Attending and advising clients where appropriate.
- Provides guidance, support and training to other staff as required.
- Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from clients, other professionals/experts, colleagues, where appropriate, in order to progress cases effectively.
- Assisting fee earners in the department in effective case management, including (but not exclusively) drafting appeal letters and submissions, statements, protocol steps, advocacy and attendance at Hearings, preparation of funding documents, requesting and returning relevant documents.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that it is recorded and converted into paid profit costs under supervision and direction. Effective management of own time ensuring that non chargeable and chargeable hours targets are met under supervision and guidance.
- Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate.
- Compliance with client care and complaints procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society rules.
Law Degree (ideally 2.1 or above) or relevant work experience
|Legal Practice Course|
Experience of working in or studying the relevant legal field
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of computer literacy
Organisation and time Management Skills
Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone.
Solicitors Accounts Rules
Stephensons Clients Complaints Rules and Client Care Procedures
Knowledge of Litigation
Knowledge of up to date legislation
Knowledge of case management systems
Knowledge of Tribunal Procedure Rules
Personality / Other Qualities
|Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment|
Pleasant, approachable, patient and polite
Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions
|Adaptability and flexibility|
Ability to work as part of a team
Shows an interest in the legal profession and in developing their career within a law firm
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.