Reference code: WPIGPA
Location: Wigan Investment Centre
- Attending and advising clients in Personal Injury cases where appropriate.
- Provides guidance, support and training to other staff as required.
- Assisting fee earners in the department in effective case management, including (but not exclusively) drafting pleadings, preparing instructions to counsel, arranging and attending conferences, letters of claim, statements, protocol steps, advocacy and attendance at Hearings, preparation of funding documents, requesting and returning relevant documents.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that it is recorded and converted into paid profit costs under supervision and direction. Effective management of own time ensuring that non chargeable and chargeable hours targets are met under supervision and guidance.
- Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate.
- Compliance with client care and complaints procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society rules.
- Attending to clients needs both in person and over the phone
Law Degree or relevant work experience/qualification
Legal Practice course
Experience of working in or studying in Personal Injury
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of computer literacy
Organisation and time management skills
Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone.
Solicitors Accounts Rules
Stephensons Clients Complaints Rules and Client Care Procedures
Knowledge of Personal Injury
Knowledge of up to date legislation
Knowledge of case management systems
Personality / Other Qualities
Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant Approachable, patient, polite
Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions
Adaptability and Flexibility
Ability to work as part of a team
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.