Reference code: SHONBA
Location: St Helens
Main purpose of the job: Responsible for dealing with all new client enquiries both face to face and over the phone relating to Social Housing, providing advice and quotes when appropriate. To offer excellent client service to all visiting clients and on all calls received and proactively convert sales opportunities and maximise cross selling opportunities on a day to day basis.
Responsible to: Department Manager
- Provide prompt and accurate advice on various Social Housing legal enquiries, over the telephone and in face to face meetings
- Effectively handle inbound client enquiries quickly identifying client legal requirements.
- Assessment of public finding eligibility within prescribed criteria.
- Provide a high level of quality customer service.
- To build relationships with clients both internally and externally.
- Carry out any administrative duties to assist in ensuring the case is set up
- Proactively promote the Stephensons brand to prospective clients to maximise all sales and cross selling opportunities.
- Prioritise and manage own workload effectively.
- Maintain internal records on case management in relation to all enquiries handled
- Compliance with Client Care and Complaints Procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society Rules
Direct Reports: None
Law Degree (ideally 2.1 or above) or relevant work experience
Legal Practice course
Experience of dealing with high volume inbound telephone calls
Experience of working in a customer service environment
Strong background in both face to face and telephone service roles
Experience of providing basic legal advice
Experience of working within the Legal Sector, specifically within Housing
Experience in office/admin work and dealing with clients over the telephone
|Knowledge and skills|
Excellent telephone manner and customer care skills
Excellent organisation and time management skills
Good keyboard and I.T. skills
Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships
Stephensons Client Complaints Rules and Client Care Procedures
Demonstrates knowledge of aspects of Housing law
Experience of using a case management system
Experience of time recording and basic costs knowledge
|Personality / Other Qualities|
Ability to work as part of a team but be able to work under own initiative when required
Ability to work productively amidst frequent interruptions and remain calm under pressure
Professional, confident and approachable manner showing tact and diplomacy at all times
Discretion and the ability to work in a highly confidential environment
Demonstrates an adaptable and flexible attitude
Highly motivated and customer care focused
Excellent key listening skills.
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team