|Leigh with a move to Wigan|
|Friday 6th January 2017|
Main purpose of the job:
Working within a busy accounts team the credit controller will take full responsibility for the total debtor ledger. The purpose of this role is to use good credit control procedures to reduce aged debt and debt collection days.
Key result Areas:
- Chasing of overdue accounts via telephone and e-mail, logging all calls.
- To document telephone conversations with clients so as to enable anyone to carry on from where it’s been left.
- To ensure that any query notified is dealt with in a timely manner and any credit notes required are raised and issued.
- To issue where appropriate chasing letters for those accounts not responding to telephone chasing.
- Dealing with solicitors over issues on their problem accounts.
- To bring to the attention of the Accounts Manager any account which refuses to pay or is in difficulty.
- To make recommendations to the Accounts Manager for accounts to be referred to the in house debt recovery team.
- Liaise with the debt recovery team on progress of the legal debt recovery process.
- Analysing and presenting monthly activity reports to line manager.
- Gathering information for the Auditors.
GCSE Maths and English or Equivalent
At least 2 years in an accounting or administrative role
Experience in of liaising with clients over the telephone
Sales Ledger and Credit Control experience
Experience of working in a law firm
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to work with high volumes of information and prioritise action
Methodical approach to work with a high attention to detail
|Ability to communicate with different people e.g. commercial or high street clients||Essential|
A professional and confident telephone manner
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
An understanding of law firm accounting and the treatment of client monies
Personality / Other Qualities
Ability to work under own initiative
Ability to work productively amidst frequent interruptions and remain calm under pressure
Professional, confident and approachable manner showing tact and diplomacy at all times
Discretion and the ability to work in a highly confidential environment
Demonstrates an adaptable and flexible attitude
Highly motivated and customer care focused
If you are interested in this position please complete our online application form or contact our HR department. Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.