Main purpose of the job:
To provide a quality assurance service for all work procedures involving best practice, and to ensure compliance with all relevant standards across the firm. To provide legal advice on regulation and compliance of the law firm to managers and work types.
Head of Compliance and Costs
Main key result areas
- Day to day execution of the compliance strategy for the firm.
- Provides legal advice on compliance and regulation of the law firm.
- Deal with queries, issues and provide advice relating to money laundering, Data Protection and the SRA Code to ensure compliance with all relevant Rules, Legislation, Regulations, Quality Marks, Lexcel and contractual requirements associated with relevant bodies.
- As part of the audit/risk programme undertake file audits, systems audits to ensure general compliance. Monitoring of supervision records. Provide reports identifying trends and training needs.
- Undertake file audits to ensure best practice and high standard of service.
- Complaint handling and trend analysis.
- Training and educating staff in risk management/compliance issues.
- Involved in projects relating to compliance and risk to include tenders, Lexcel, changes in law/code.
- Ensuring manuals and practice guidance materials are up to date.
Solicitor of 0-5 years PQE
Legal or risk management qualification.
Worked as a Solicitor or fee earning of equivalent status.
Experience of general law firm compliance/risk management.
Management of people.
Supervision of fee earners.
Contentious work area experience.
Familiarity with areas of specialism within the organisation (civil litigation, personal injury/medical negligence, commercial, family, probate, crime and conveyancing.
Knowledge and skills
Able to communicate at all levels
|Adaptable / flexible approach|
Able to work to deadlines
Project management skills required to execute and deliver on the firm’s compliance strategy by reference to agreed milestones.
Handling difficult conversations
Personality / Other Qualities
Discretion / confidentiality
Able to show enthusiasm for the subject matter.
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.