Laura is a solicitor within the clinical negligence department at Stephensons, based in Wigan.
Laura completed her LLB law degree at Aberystwyth University and attended Chester College of Law before qualifying as a solicitor in 2005. She worked for a high street firm before joining Stephensons in May 2012. Laura specialised in family law but joined the clinical negligence department in May 2016 to pursue a change in direction of her career. She initially assisted the other fee earners before building her own caseload.
Laura has a varied caseload of clinical negligence claims including:
- Delay in diagnosis of cancer
- Orthopaedic injury
- Delay in diagnosis of strokes
Cases of interest
- A cerebral palsy case arising out of treatment during labour and delivery. The case settled for approximately £2.6 million.
- A brain injury case arising out of treatment following surgery. The case settled for approximately £3.4 million.
- Laura settled a claim in the sum of £15,000 for a delay in the diagnosis of lung cancer.
- Laura settled a claim in the sum of £17,000 for the delay in diagnosing and treating a retinal detachment.
- Laura settled a claim in the sum of £20,000 for psychiatric injury caused to a client following them waking during surgery.
- Laura settled a claim in the sum of £20,000 for the avoidable stillbirth of a baby.
- Laura settled a claim in the sum of £15,000 for the delay in the diagnosis of bladder cancer.
What do our clients say
"I am only part way through the case but up to now I have found Laura Owen approachable and efficient and keeps me up to speed at every step. Any queries are answered quickly either by email or phone." - View from a satisfied client