Julie qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and joined Stephensons in 2017 as a solicitor in the commercial litigation department after having previously been a partner at another firm.
Julie is highly experienced in litigation and dispute resolution matters covering all aspects of commercial litigation.
She specialises in commercial and finance disputes including:
- Invoice and asset finance
- Secured finance
- Commercial contracts disputes and
- General litigation
She is also experienced in dealing with corporate and personal insolvency matters including:
- Contested petitions
- Competing rights claims
- Book debt recoveries
- Ledger collect outs for administrators and liquidators
Other areas of experience include:
- Asset finance
- Enforcement of security including legal charges, guarantees, indemnities and warranties
- Corporate insolvency issues, disputed appointments and petitions
- Personal insolvency petitions and disputes arising from appointment of trustees
- Company/shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence disputes
- Commercial recoveries
- Environmental issues
Environment Agency (Thames Region) v John Bushnell Ltd - assessment of statutory charges.
NMB Heller v Merrick Hyde - duty ofcare owed by Factor in relation to assigned debts.