Julie qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and joined Stephensons in 2017 as an associate solicitor in the commercial litigation department after having previously been a partner at another firm.
Julie is highly experienced in litigation and dispute resolution matters covering all aspects of commercial litigation. She is supervised by Louise Hebborn.
She specialises in commercial and finance disputes including:
- Invoice and asset finance
- Secured finance
- Commercial contracts disputes and
- General litigation
She is also experienced in dealing with corporate and personal insolvency matters including:
- Contested petitions
- Competing rights claims
- Book debt recoveries
- Ledger collect outs for administrators and liquidators
Other areas of experience include:
- Asset finance
- Enforcement of security including legal charges, guarantees, indemnities and warranties
- Corporate insolvency issues, disputed appointments and petitions
- Personal insolvency petitions and disputes arising from appointment of trustees
- Company/shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence disputes
- Commercial recoveries
- Environmental issues
Environment Agency (Thames Region) v John Bushnell Ltd - assessment of statutory charges.
NMB Heller v Merrick Hyde - duty ofcare owed by Factor in relation to assigned debts.
What our clients say
“Your assistance in the matter was exceptional and if we find ourselves in this position again, we will be sure to be in contact.” - View from a client
"I would like to say a huge thankyou to you for all your sound advice and kindness in this matter. I found Stephensons very professional and approachable at what was a stressful time for our business. I’ve been registered manager here for 19+ years, I can honestly say this period has been memorably stressful but you have made things a lot easier. The service they provided us with was efficient and very worthwhile advice. We would definitely use the same contacts in the future if necessary." - Healthcare Manager