As an award-winning top 150 law firm, with over 250 staff based in offices across the country, you're never far from the advice you need.
Gary is a senior associate solicitor specialising in both residential and commercial property work. After graduating from Cardiff University he joined a local North West firm initially as a trainee and progressing to partner and head of the property department. He has over 25 years post qualification experience. Gary joined Stephensons in May 2017 from Slater Gordon formerly Pannone.
He has extensive experience in dealing with both residential and commercial property matters acting for private individuals and commercial clients, and has also acted for social housing providers on shared ownership transactions.
He has experience in
- Sales and acquisitions
- Commercial leases
- Land & tenant issues
- Adverse possession
- Commercial loans
- Acquisitions by pension funds
- Leasehold enfranchisement and collective enfranchisement claims
- Lease extensions and variations
His experience includes:
- Instructed on behalf of a local authority on the acquisition of properties to increase the councils housing stock
- Acting for a local housing association on the acquisition of a number of sites including the site of a former church and vicarage
- Acting for a housing association in the three million pound acquisition of a development site for the eventual construction of over 100 properties to provide affordable housing for the local community
- Advising a housing association on asset adoption agreements
- Recently acted on behalf of a housing association in the setup of a site for shared ownership housing including the drafting of contracts, shared ownership lease and site information
- Regularly instructed on behalf of a national freehold management company or acquisition of freehold portfolios and lease extensions and variations.