Chris was appointed as a Partner in 2017 and is a solicitor specialising in commercial property law with over six years post qualification experience.
Chris joined Stephensons in 2000 whilst still a student and graduated from the University of Leicester in 2002. Chris completed his LPC with distinction in Chester in 2004. Chris qualified as a solicitor in February 2007 and joined the commercial property department.
Chris specialises in all areas of commercial property law and his caseload includes:
- High value commercial property acquisitions and commercial sales
- Residential property developments
- Advising landlords and tenants in relation to all aspects of commercial lease transactions (low and high value)
- Acting for pension funds and charity acquisitions and disposals
- Commercial development transactions including large scale design build and let commercial projects.
- Acting for commercial lenders in refinance transactions.
- Business sales and purchases
- Advising insolvency practitioners in relation to the property aspects arising out of bankruptcy, liquidations and administrations
Chris has a wide range of skills and is experienced in handling the more complex property matters including option agreements, conditional contracts, agreements for leases, grants of easements and releases of rights of light and air.
Chris has built up a loyal base of clients nationwide and acts for property developers and landlords with large portfolios of properties. He also has a number of clients in, and is experienced dealing with, the retail and leisure sectors including bar/pubs, hotel and restaurant owners.
Chris lives in South Manchester and in his spare time he enjoys playing football, tennis, badminton and the guitar. Chris is also a keen supporter of Manchester United.