Stephensons is pleased to have been named as a supplier on Crown Commercial Service’s (CCS) RM6284 Costs Lawyer Services 2 for Lot 1 - General Costs Law Services.
Buyers can access comprehensive legal advice across all aspects of costs law. Lot 1 covers all work relating to budgets, costs statements, costs managements, costs validation, assessment, dispute resolution and hearings. More specifically, Stephensons can assist with the following specific requirements under this lot:
- Consider and advise upon the opponent's budgets
- Prepare, file, exchange and negotiate budgets
- Attend upon a costs management hearing/ case costs management conference if required
- Prepare schedules of costs and bills of costs/ e-bills and replies to points of dispute
- Prepare points of dispute
- Apply for detailed or provisional assessment
- Advise upon the outcome of a provisional assessment, and, if appropriate, attend upon the oral hearing
- Validate costs claims upon summary, provisional and detailed assessment (including a provision for qualified one-way cost shifting)
- Attend upon detailed assessment hearings, dealing with any other steps to commence or proceed re costs proceedings
- Undertake defendant work for the paying party
- Undertake general costs cases
Crown Commercial Service supports the public sector to achieve maximum commercial value when procuring common goods and services. In 2021/22, CCS helped the public sector to achieve commercial benefits equal to £2.04bn billion - supporting world-class public services that offer best value for taxpayers.
Notes to the editor
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office, supporting the public sector to achieve maximum commercial value when procuring common goods and services.
To find out more about CCS, visit: www.crowncommercial.gov.uk
Follow them on Twitter: @gov_procurement
Or visit their LinkedIn page: Crown Commercial Service