Food poisoning at Harvester - £1,250 and £850 settlement

Our personal injury solicitor, Shahina Sakeria,  settled a case for two clients, a mother and daughter who suffered food poisoning after eating at Dumb Bell Harvester Pub.

The incident occurred when both the client’s and friend visited Harvester on Thursday 20 February 2014. When the client entered the pub she noticed that the tables were “dirty” and the all you can eat salad bar was “a mess”. All three ordered food that would have been cooked on the grill.

The following day the client and her daughter experienced sickness and diarrhoea symptoms as well as feeling dizzy and faint.  At first the clients did not associate these symptoms with the food eaten at Harvester.

Having contacted NHS direct clients were advised to take anti-sickness tablets.

Our clients only realised that they suffered from food poisoning after contacting her friend, who had also visited the pub and suffered from similar symptoms.  Environmental Health carried out an investigation into this matter.   

The restaurant chain admitted liability and the case was settled for £1250.00 and £850.00