loading staff

What is included in an auction pack?

The pack should include (where applicable) copies of:

  • Special conditions of sale 
  • Title deeds
  • Leases
  • Office copy entries
  • Searches
  • Replies to pre-contract enquiries

It is important that you get these documents reviewed by a solicitor so that they can alert you to any potential issues. For example, if there is a problem with the legal title to the property, any environmental issues etc.

This may seem unnecessary when you do not own the property, but it can prove crucial in helping you to avoid or make you aware of a costly problem before you buy the property.

If you would like to have the legal pack reviewed by a member of our team prior to purchasing a property at auction please call us on 0203 816 0076 for a quote.

The auction process

After a 10% deposit is paid at the auction we understand the necessity to complete by the fixed completion date and that the remaining 90% of the value of the property is usually payable within 28 days. We will be able to quickly assimilate the packs, prepared by the vendor's solicitor, which contains all the legal papers that are needed. These include special conditions of sale, title deeds, results from property searches and details of pre-contract enquiries.

An auction is a legally binding process and we understand the importance of dealing with your conveyancing in the most efficient way. As a result we have developed a state of the art IT system and will ensure that you are always kept up to date. We are able to offer fixed fee conveyancing at competitive rates for properties bought under auction.

Getting a conveyancing quote has never been simpler

Try our simple calculator to provide you with a free quote that is suited to your specific conveyancing needs.

Conveyancing Fee Calculator

8.5 out of 10
Trustpilot logo4-stars on trustpilot Based on count 310

We're Great

It is our business to deliver legal services that work for our clients, and you can trust our specialists to take care of things on your behalf.

Our Trustpilot reviews

I've instructed Stephensons in two relatively complex conveyancing matters now and have been very pleased with their efficiency and helpfulness. The fees are clearly stated upfront and fair, the contact people are friendly and helpful, and I would have no hesitation in instructing Stephensons again or recommending them to a friend.
View from a residential conveyancing client

Is the conveyancing process different when buying a home through the help to buy scheme?

‘I am buying my first home through the HTB scheme and I wondered if the conveyancing was any different to the normal conveyancing process when buying on the open market’ So is it complicated? Will it delay things? Questions that we at...

Read more

Twitter block 1 tweet

'Firms failing diabetes sufferers' says new study

According to a recent study, nearly one in five workers with diabetes have been disciplined by their employer for taking time off from work. The survey of UK employees living with both Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes suggested that 19 per cent had faced...

Read more

Staff reorder - conveyancing

  • David Baybut
  • Natalie Bradley​
  • ​Michelle Stevens
  • Sara Hughes
  • Charlotte Ip
  • Rebecca Fletcher
  • Kim Wilson

We're always here for you

As an award-winning top 150 law firm, with over 450 staff based in offices across the country, you're never far from the advice you need.

Find your nearest Stephensons office and arrange a meeting

As an award-winning top 150 law firm, with over 450 staff based in offices across the country, you're never far from the advice you need.