Reference code: LSEGPA
Main purpose of the job: To take and deal with initial enquiries regarding discrimination matters and support and assist fee earners in carrying out duties and (where appropriate) deal with clients and their affairs in a cost effective manner.
Responsible to: Department Manager
- Attending and advising clients predominately with discrimination issues and wider employment matters (where appropriate).
- Take and process new instructions.
- Assessing the merits of potential discrimination claims and advising clients of the same.
- Drafting advice documents.
- Dealing with Legal Help enquiries.
- Dealing with both Employment Tribunal and Civil discrimination matters and procedures.
- Provides guidance, support and training to other staff as required.
- Assisting fee earners in the department in effective case management, including (but not exclusively) drafting pleadings, preparing instructions to counsel, arranging and attending conferences, letters of claim, statements, protocol steps, advocacy and attendance at Hearings, preparation of funding documents, requesting and returning relevant documents.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that it is recorded and converted into paid profit costs under supervision and direction. Effective management of own time ensuring that non chargeable and chargeable hours targets are met under supervision and guidance.
- Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate.
- Compliance with client care and complaints procedures in order to minimize the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society rules.
Law Degree with a minimum of a 2:1 or relevant work experience
Legal Practice course
Experience of working in or studying the relevant legal field; and
Experience of both Civil and Employment Tribunal procedures.
|Knowledge and skills|
Good standard of computer literacy
Organisation and time Management Skills
Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
Solicitors Accounts Rules
Stephensons Clients Complaints Rules and Client Care Procedures
Knowledge of Litigation
Knowledge of up to date legislation
Knowledge of case management systems
|Personality / Other Qualities|
Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant Approachable, patient, polite
Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions
Adaptability and Flexibility
Ability to work as part of a team
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.