- "We have instructed Stephensons for over eight years and for all case types and values. They deliver excellent service and great value for money. They really understand legal expenses work which makes a noticeable difference for us." - Paul Upton, Head of Claims, ARAG plc
- "We find Stephensons’ pragmatic approach to all matters legal to be very refreshing. Their friendly and caring manner is a frequent accolade we receive from policyholders who have used their services." - Sheri Scruton - Customer Services Director, General Legal Protection
- "Stephensons provides a professional, efficient and customer centric legal helpline at all times of the day and night. Their staff go the extra mile for both the customer and supplier and reporting levels are excellent, making them a trusted partner and valuable asset to any firm looking to outsource their helpline calls.” - Liz Scott, Director, Life & Legal
Mark joined Stephensons in 2005, after completing his LPC at Lancashire Law School and his degree at the University of Central Lancashire. Mark qualified as a solicitor in 2009, and in 2012 took on a business development role within the firm, primarily concentrating on legal expense insurance. In 2015 Mark was promoted to an operational management role as the Head of Legal Expense Insurance and Telephony Services. He was appointed Partner in April 2016.
Mark oversees and is experienced in insurance and broker market legal services including:
- Legal expense insurance panel solicitor work
- First Notification of Loss process with motor, home and commercial insurance policies
- 24/7 Legal Helplines offering advice on both private and business law
Mark’s team provides initial telephone advice and deals with everything from FNOL processing to complete legal claims handing across all legal service areas.
He is also experienced in providing 24/7 legal helpline services to affinity groups and other membership services, enhancing any benefit packages already in place. This will allow all members to gain access to specialist legal advice across all legal sectors. Some of our specialist helplines include Constant and Carry on Driving.
Mark also oversees all new business enquiries to Stephensons, ensuring our clients have a positive first experience of speaking with a law firm and receive the best possible legal advice available. This role includes the operational management of new enquiries processing and data analysis. Mark is responsible for the management of the firm’s cloud based telephony and bespoke management reporting systems. This allows for greater transparency on claims and enquiry processing and a deeper understanding of our business through trend analysis.
Mark is a keen networker and is the Vice President of the Salford Chamber of Commerce. His role with the local council involves supporting local businesses and promoting economic growth in the region.
Away from the office, he is a keen rugby union player, playing for Hutton RUFC. Mark is also heavily involved in charity work and is a trustee of a local charity.