Winston qualified as a solicitor in February 2007 and worked in a couple of London firms before joining Stephensons in November 2021.
Winston is a litigation lawyer with experience in resolving disputes in a wide range of areas of law. He has dealt with a variety of cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court, County Courts and First Tier Tribunals.
Winston’s areas of expertise include:
- Contract disputes;
- Civil/commercial litigation;
- Construction disputes;
- Property related matters;
- Landlord and tenant disputes;
- Professional negligence claims.
Winston takes pride in being approachable and responsive and working to understanding a client’s needs and achieving the best possible outcome. He is supervised by Louise Hebborn.
Recent notable cases
- Represented a client in a dispute with his business partner, helping to separate assets between them.
- Acted for various clients in obtaining orders for sale in their property disputes.
- Successfully defended a claim made against a company in a commercial property dispute.
- Represented a freehold company in enforcing covenants in a lease against a tenant.
- Securing damages in a professional negligence case for a client in a claim against their previous solicitor.
- Negotiated a settlement for a client to obtain a substantial payout under an income protection policy.
Winston spends most of his time outside of work with his young family. When he has time, he enjoys playing golf and watching sports and films.