Kelly qualified as a solicitor in October 2009 and joined Stephensons' clinical negligence department in January 2016.
Kelly's areas of specialism include medical negligence, delayed diagnosis and dental negligence.
Kelly settled a claim for failure to recognise, diagnose and treat cauda equina syndrome resulting in debilitating mobility and incontinence issues, in the sum of £700,000
Kelly settled a claim for a failure to correctly diagnose breast cancer, resulting in avoidable delay in treatment and fatal spread of the cancer, in the sum of £200,000.
- Kelly acted for a family whose mother had experienced a significant delay in diagnosis of cancer, resulting in a number of months of unnecessary suffering and an avoidable death.
- Kelly acted for a client who experienced substandard care during a routine root canal treatment which resulted in unnecessary pain, suffering and loss of amenity along with the removal of the tooth and placement of an implant.
- Kelly acted for a client who fractured his scaphoid falling from his bicycle. Despite seeking emergency treatment and having an x-ray the fracture went undiagnosed for a number of months resulting in exacerbation of the injury and significant mobility issues which would likely be permanent.
- Kelly acted for a claimant with cauda equina syndrome. His GP failed to refer him for further investigation and treatment on an urgent basis. Had they done so, he would have had surgery, thus avoiding ongoing permanent mobility, bowel and bladder problems. He was awarded in excess of £250,000.
- Kelly settled a claim for £75,000 for a client who sustained deep pressure sores to their heels following abdominal surgery as a result of negligent care.
- Kelly acted for a client whose clinician accepted responsibility for a failure to conduct further investigations into her breast cancer when the earlier tests had returned abnormal results. Part payment of her claim was agreed in the sum of £80,000 at mediation, with the remainder of the value to be determined by expert evidence.
- Kelly secured settlement for a client who’s GP had failed to refer them for further investigation and treatment, resulting in a spread of bowel cancer and requiring more extensive surgery than would otherwise have been necessary.
What clients say
"They have been very supportive and understanding. Have always understood how it has personally affected me and my family. I can't thank them enough for all they have done, Kelly has been easy to talk to and helpful over this time. I would recommend anyone to approach Stephensons if they need legal support."
"Kelly Withers fought my case for 5+ years and didn’t give up until it was settled. I was treated with respect, kept up up date, had things explained clearly and was supported with any queries I had. Thank you tor staying with me through this lengthy journey. I really appreciate your support and guidance... I wouldn’t hesitate to use Stephensons again."
"Great service a very good honest company always keep you in the picture."
"From start to finish, Kelly or Chris kept me informed of the progress in my case. Any time I had a query, they were only a phone call away to reassure me. With their expertise, knowledge and guidance, my case was successful. Thank you."