Francesca is an associate in the firm specialising in commercial property law. Francesca graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University with a first class honours degree in law in 2010.
Francesca advises companies, partnerships, social housing providers, charities, high net-worth individuals, banks and pension trustees across a range of property related transactions.
Areas of specialism
- Buying and selling commercial property, including the negotiation of conditional contracts for sale
- Auction sales and purchases
- Refinance transactions including commercial and bridging finance options
- Residential property developments
- Business sales and purchases
- Advising landlords and tenants in relation to new leases, lease renewals and agreements for lease
- Advising landlords and tenants in relation to deeds of surrender, licences to sublet, licences to assign and licences to alter
- Advising registered providers of social housing in their property related transactions, including:
- right to buy and right to acquire applications incorporating deeds of postponement
- staircasing applications, including mortgagees in possession exercising their right to acquire the freehold.
- residential property buy backs
- standard form AST’s
- title rectification
- portfolio transactions including leasehold acquisitions
- Advising local authorities in connection with property related matters, including leases, agreements for lease, sale and lease back of local authority property and portfolio transactions
What our clients say
"I used the bolton branch of stephensons for my recent house move. I was dealt with in a timely competent manner & was kept up to date with all events by Francesca James & Samantha Haggarty. This made the move much less stressful knowing everything was in good hands."