Stephensons and ACTAPS
Our team of solicitors dealing with inheritance disputes includes a solicitor who is a member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
Heather Roberts qualified as a member of the prestigious ACTAPS in 2010. ACTAPS was established in 1997 for solicitors specialising in contentious trust and probate work, and requires each of its members to undertake an intensive qualification course before they can become a member.
As well as ensuring that its members are specialists in dealing with contentious probate cases, ACTAPS have also produced a code of conduct which its members must adhere to. This code states:
- ACTAPS members will inform clients of the ACTAPS code’s provision and that they will be guided by it.
- ACTAPS members will endeavour at the start of a matter to have a without prejudice meeting to explore possibilities of resolving the issue without court proceedings.
- ACTAPS members will consider alternative dispute resolution.
- Parties with common interests will be encouraged to instruct the same legal team.
- ACTAPS members should advise clients of costs at the outset and the cost and funding implications of court action, these costs should be reviewed on a regular basis.
- Clients should be made aware of the cost advantages of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about probate disputes or Stephensons’ association with ACTAPS, please get in touch with us today by calling 01616 966 229. Alternatively, you can fill out our online enquiry form and one of our probate specialists will be in touch with you as soon as possible.