Main purpose of the job:
To support and assist in SRA interventions.
Main key result areas
- Dealing with all administrative aspects of interventions including sorting, selecting and marking of files and assisting at the location of the intervention.
- Attending interventions on day one
- Working closely with the Managing Partners to evaluate files and determine which matters need to be dealt with urgently.
- Dealing with all queries from clients affected by the intervention, logging each query on the database detailing any action taken or advice provided.
- Dealing with queries from any suppliers and contractors affected by the intervention.
- Arranging for the redirection of post as appropriate.
- Providing the SRA with updates regarding the intervention when requested.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that time is recorded accurately.
- Compliance with all aspects of OFR, particularly client care and complaints procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence
- Liaising with Intervention Officers from the SRA and assisting Partner responsible in preparing relevant data for regular review meetings
- Dealing with general accounts work and report writing to recommend payments to clients and third parties.
Law degree with a minimum of 2:1, or relevant work experience
Experience of dealing with customers/clients
Experience of dealing with high volumes of telephone calls.
Experience of working in a busy administrative role.
Experience of working at paralegal level in a law firm
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of IT skills including Excel.
Adaptability and flexibility
Time management/organisational skills
Highly professional telephone manner
Client care/customer service skills
Knowledge and understanding of the SRA intervention process
Solicitors accounts rules
Stephensons Client Complaints Rules and Client Care Procedures
Basic understanding of wills and deeds
Personality / Other Qualities
Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant, approachable, patient, polite
Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the role/department
Ability to work as part of a team
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.