Main purpose of the job:
Responsible for the organising, direction and co-ordination of the office services in line with the firm’s policies and procedures in order to facilitate office effectiveness and efficiency throughout the firm.
Head of facilities
Main key result areas
- Provide the overall direction, co-ordination and evaluation of the office services and procedures in order to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity at each office location
- Ensure that the office maintains a high level of appearance, quality of service and professionalism
- Supervise and monitor the performance, staffing levels and attendance of the team, reporting to and liaising with the relevant people. Including devising and maintaining a rota to ensure adequate cover of all relevant receptions.
- Develop and implement procedures and systems to ensure smooth operation.
- Monitor and report on footfall for all relevant receptions
- Work with head of facilities to oversee general expenditure and office running costs in relation to stationery, utilities etc.
- Ensures that all general office policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures adherence to health and safety policy throughout the office including conducting fire procedures and tests, risk assessments, DSE and pregnancy assessments etc, to include all office locations, and maintaining records in relation to these.
- Regularly review policies and procedures and make recommendations to the head of facilities
- To monitor, log and report any maintenance and repairs to the buildings and office equipment as reported via facilities helpdesk. Organise and monitor repairs and to report any problems to the head of facilities to include all office locations
- Maintain lines of communication with regards to repairs, courier runs, etc.
- Provide administrative support and reports to head of facilities
- Monitor and approve petty cash expenditure up to a value of £50, ensuring that all receipts and monies are accounted for.
- Responsible for overseeing bookings and organisation of meeting rooms and office facilities
- Assist with any other ad hoc duties
- Compliance with client care and complaints procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with SRA requirements.
To be confirmed
Educated to degree level, ideally in business administration/management. Other degrees will be considered.
Customer service/client care qualification
Experience within a similar role
Experience in a supervisory capacity
Experience of a supervisory role within a law firm
Knowledge and skills
Excellent communication skills at all levels face to face and over the telephone
Demonstrates knowledge of office and administrative practices and procedures
Excellent client/customer care skills
Proactive approach to reviewing and developing policy and procedure
Excellent interpersonal skills to gain credibility and maintain positive relationships
Good team working skills and the confidence to lead and motivate
Excellent organisation and time management skills
Ability to remain professional and courteous yet firm, particularly when dealing with difficult situations
Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
Knowledge of Microsoft office suite and other office packages, strong IT and keyboard skills
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy with good problem solving and analysis skills
Demonstrates an awareness of the structure of and the work undertaken in a law firm
Personality / Other Qualities
Discretion and the ability to work in a highly confidential environment
Professional, confident, resilient and approachable manner showing tact and diplomacy at all times
Demonstrates coaching, mentoring and leadership ability
Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the office
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to work productively amidst frequent interruptions, remaining calm under pressure
Demonstrates the willingness and ability to take responsibility for the work involved and in seeing a project through to completion
Maintains a high level of personal appearance
Demonstrates a commitment to providing a quality service
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.