Main purpose of the job:
Under the supervision of a fee earner or manager to generate new clients and assist in the preparation of cases within the office, and to advise and assist clients relating to business crime and the defence of regulatory investigations and proceedings.
Main key result areas
- Dealing with telephone, email and internet based queries from potential clients in relation to fraud, business crime and professional discipline.
- Communicating (both written and orally) with clients, regulators, professional tribunals and witnesses.
- Provision of basic legal advice and estimates/fixed fee quotes to clients over the telephone.
- Maintaining spreadsheets for the queries handled and numbers converted into clients.
- Assisting fee earners in the department to prepare cases for trial and regulatory hearings.
- Taking instructions, opening files, preparing client statements and other evidence in mitigation. Tracing and interviewing witnesses, taking witness statements and instructing experts to provide reports for use in court or at regulatory hearings.
- Assisting department manager in developing this area of the practice and generating work.
- Regularly contributions to the firms web site and regularly writing blogs for publication.
- Carry out general administrative duties as appropriate.
Law degree (ideally 2.1 or above) or relevant work experience
Legal practice course or working towards
Current clean full driving licence with access to a car
Experience of working in or studying in the field of business crime and regulatory
Knowledge and skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Time management/organisational skills
Attention to detail
High standard of communication skills both written and oral including a professional telephone manner
Ability to demonstrate an interest in business crime and regulatory
Knowledge of Stephensons client care procedures
Personality / Other Qualities
Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the department
Interest in working and developing within this area of law
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.