We have an exciting opportunity for an assistant accountant who is keen to develop their career in an award winning law firm. If you are interested in finance, excel and accounting practices and are keen to progress to qualification then we may have an opportunity for you. If the details of the position appeal to you we would welcome your application. Please quote reference WICACC.
About the role
You will undertake a key role within a busy finance team.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining accurate records
- Undertaking key reconciliations and producing reports
- The production of accurate and timely information for the practice, auditors and external stakeholders
Study funding - funding towards AAT or CCAB included
Salary banding: - incremental pay awards linked to passing key stages of accountancy qualification
You will already have experience in reconciling information and accounts and be able to demonstrate the desire and commitment to study towards AAT or CCAB qualifications.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong excel skills with the ability to produce complex formula, including Vlookup, pivot tables and charts
- Highly numeric with the ability to work quickly and accurately with numbers
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Theoretical understanding of accruals and prepayments, double entry book keeping and depreciations
- A basic understanding of VAT
About the team
We are a driven and dynamic team and do encourage people to work hard but are very proud of our positive work life balance. Many of our staff have been with us for a long time because they like our culture.
We are a friendly team where everyone works together in a spirit of mutual co-operation. We have an open door policy with management. We provide training and ensure everyone is supported to achieve the best that they can.
We encourage flexible working arrangements and are committed to supporting those with caring obligations who want to combine those obligations with a first class professional career.
Working closely with senior members of the firm there are ample opportunities for those looking to make an impact in a forward thinking, innovative and award winning firm.
Stephensons is an award winning, top 150 law firm with a strong commitment to the future growth and development of the business. With an ambitious mind set, yet approachable and down to earth attitude, Stephensons provides an exciting place for long term career development and progression. Whilst we do look for highly motivated and driven individuals, we also have a strong commitment to work life balance and flexibility.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Incremental salary increases linked to qualification
- Study funding
- Free parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Holiday sale & purchase scheme
- Corporate rate private healthcare
- Season ticket travel/parking permit loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
- Social events
- Long service awards
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please send your cv and cover letter to Claire Mills email@example.com