Main purpose of the job:
Main key result areas
- Attending and advising clients in all areas of Commercial Litigation to include landlord and tenant work.
- Assisting fee earners in the department in effective case management, including (but not exclusively) drafting and preparing documents. Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from clients, other professionals/experts in order to progress cases effectively.
- Provides guidance, support and training to other staff as required.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that it is recorded and converted into paid profit costs under supervision and direction. Effective management of own time ensuring that non chargeable and chargeable hours targets are met under supervision and guidance.
- Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate.
- Compliance with client care and complaints procedures in order to minimize the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society rules.
- To actively promote the Stephensons brand at all times
Law Degree (ideally 2.1 or above) or relevant work experience
|Legal Practice Course|
Experience of working in or studying in the field of Commercial Litigation
Knowledge and skills
|Good standard of computer literacy|
|Organisational and time management skills|
Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
Ability to demonstrate an interest in Commercial Litigation in particular advocacy work
|Solicitors accounts rules|
Stephensons client complaints rules and client care procedures
Knowledge of up to date legislation
|Knowledge of case management systems|
Personality / Other Qualities
|Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment|
Pleasant, approachable, patient and polite
Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions
|Adaptability and flexibility|
Ability to work as part of a team
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.