Main purpose of the job:
The role of conveyancing team leader will manage, lead and motivate small teams of conveyancing case managers, paralegals and legal assistants, as well as managing their own case load of files. The conveyancing team leader will work with the department manager to support the residential property teams, and contribute towards the successful development of the department in line with the business plan to achieve agreed operational and financial targets.
Main key result areas
- To demonstrate excellent knowledge of the firm’s conveyancing case management system and all other systems and to be able to prepare all forms and letters on the system accordingly.
- Is accountable for the due diligence, all dealings with other lawyers and other legal aspects on all complex and non complex residential property transactions up to and including exchange and completion of contracts.
- Assesses any issues and/or risks on every transaction owned by them or problem escalated to them, and utilising skills and experience, delivers pragmatic decision making and legal advice to the client and business partners.
- Is responsible for the quality of legal advice given on every residential property transaction allocated to them, including those of a complex nature.
- Is responsible for the legal advice or coaching on problems escalated to them from all members of the team.
- Communicates and ensures implementation of the firm’s policies and procedures, plans and principles.
- Ensures that all activities and tasks required to be performed are undertaken promptly and proactively, prioritising where appropriate and supports others to do likewise.
- Provides day-to-day coaching and mentoring for all other team members.
- Assesses own development opportunities and creates development plans to improve performance.
- Liaise with panel management companies and corporate estate agents over the phone and face to face
- Works to build solid relationships with team members to enable the transaction to be dealt with proactively and in unison with them.
Solicitor around 5 years PQE
Experience of managing a team
Experience of business development
Experience in technical support
Experience of managing a high volume residential conveyancing case load
Experience in ancillary and less mainstream conveyancing such as new build, shared ownership, enfranchisement, lease extensions, easements etc
Experience of panel management companies and corporate estate agents
Experience of CQS accreditation and requirements
Experience of using a case management system
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of computer literacy and keyboard skills
Broad technical knowledge of all issues, processes and developments in residential Conveyancing
Organisational/time management skills
Ability to work to deadlines and targets in a high pressure environment
Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships
Up to date knowledge of relevant regulations and the ability to advise on those
Self sufficient with ability to work without direct supervision.
Personality / Other Qualities
Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant, approachable, patient, polite
Ability to lead and inspire teams
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.