Main purpose of the job:
To provide typing and administration support to the department
Main key result areas
- Ensures that audio and copying typing is completed accurately and effectively and all documents are correctly filed.
- Proof reads and checks all typed documents, using all necessary tools available to ensure error free work.
- Maintains an effective diary review system for follow up actions as directed by fee earner.
- To answer the telephones in a professional manner and ensure that messages are recorded correctly and delivered efficiently.
- Provides general administrative support as required
- Ensures that post procedures for incoming, outgoing and internal are followed.
- To achieve a typing speed of 50 wpm whilst maintaining accuracy.
- To properly record any chargeable time and ensure full file notes are written.
- Undertakes other ad hoc duties as required to assist the department
5 GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent. Relevant work experience can be considered as an alternative
Experience of audiocopy typing
Experience in an office/clerical role
Experience of time recording
Experience of digital audio dictation in particular BigHand
Experience of working in a Law Firm
Experience of using a Case Management system
Experience of legal terminology and typing legal documents
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of computer literacy
Excellent literacy and spelling
Excellent communication skills at all levels, both face to face and over the telephone
Excellent accuracy and attention to detail at all times
Organisation and time Management Skills
Awareness of the work undertaken by a solicitors office
Knowledge of department procedures.
Personality / Other Qualities
Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant, approachable, patient, polite
Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the Dept.
Ability to work as part of a team
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.