Main purpose of the job
To assist by providing administrative support
Main key result areas
- Carries out general administrative support duties such as photocopying, filing, faxing, scanning, audio/copy typing, etc.
- Ensures that the post system both incoming and outgoing runs effectively, including hand delivering urgent items locally
- Opens files and carries out conflict checks on the case management system.
- Deals with enquiries by telephone from clients and other professionals including making appointments and travel arrangements
- Assist with organising meetings and ensuring refreshments are available.
- Assists with the preparation of bundles
- Provide reception cover as and when required.
- When necessary meeting and greeting clients ensuring that they are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
5 GCSE at grade C or above, or equivalent. Relevant work experience can be considered as an alternative
Experience of working in an office/clerical environment
Knowledge and skills
Good standard of computer literacy and keyboard skills
|Good communication skills|
Professional manner both telephone and face to face
Audio and copy typing skills
Awareness of work undertaken in a solicitors office
Personality / Other Qualities
|Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment|
|Pleasant, approachable, patient, polite|
|Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail|
|Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the Dept.|
|Ability to work as part of a team|
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.