Main purpose of the job:
To advise and assist clients relating to all areas of commercial property including transactional work; acquisitions and disposals of commercial property, business leases and lease renewals.
Main key result areas
- Attending and advising clients in commercial property matters.
- Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from clients, other professionals and colleagues in order to progress matters effectively and efficiently.
- Drafting and preparing clear and concise documents.
- Conducting negotiations where appropriate.
- Managing a case load including a full risk assessment of all matters, whilst complying with all relevant procedures both internal and external.
- Working collaboratively with members of the wider commercial team.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that it is recorded and converted into paid profit costs.
- Effective management of own time, ensuring that non chargeable and chargeable hours targets are met. Attending meetings with fee earners and managers.
- Ensuring that disbursements and debtors in the case load are managed in order to reduce the financial exposure of the firm.
- Compliance with client care and complaints procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with law society rules.
- To report any potential errors/negligence matters to the DM as soon as the risk is apparent.
- To delegate effectively and efficiently, ensuring that the work on the file is carried out at the right level, thus maximising profitability and assisting the development of other staff.
- To actively seek opportunities to cross refer work within the firm and to carry out cross referrals at the earliest possible time.
- To actively promote the Stephensons brand at all times.
Degree and LPC
Knowledge and skills
Knowledge and experience of running a commercial property caseload
Excellent IT skills
Solicitors Accounts Rules
Time management/organisational skills
Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation
A working knowledge of case management systems
Stephensons client complaints rules and client care procedures.
Personality / Other Qualities
Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the department
Discretion and the ability to work in a confidential environment
Pleasant, approachable, patient and polite
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Thrives on challenge
Please do not send enquiries to the department manager of the specific team.